Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday - Star Wars Embroidery

So I've been working on this thing, it started out as a thought, wouldn't it be great to have a rustic embroidery piece like this:
but with a silly quote from star wars instead... so one afternoon I googled embroidery borders and found this:
(courtesy of tipnut) and with a lot of copying and pasting and use of text boxes on MS word I ended up with this:
which when transferred to fabric using disappearing pen looks like this:
and now looks like this:

I added a bumble bee... because bumble bees live in hives... even wretched ones....

That's actually green gingham... but in this light it looks yellow, stupid energy saving bulbs...

anyhoo... that's what I'm doing at the moment...

x G

2 comments:

  1. I. Love. It! Brilliant! We are a Star Wars house, light sabres everywhere plus a Carrie fisher shrine. I really need to do a Star Wars embroidery! Yours is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm working on it right now... the lettering is working out a lot less difficult than I'd first thought... I'm DESPERATE to get it finished :-)

    ReplyDelete